Latest Lightroom Plugin Activity over at the Photographer’s Toolbox
We’ve been busy updating a number of our plugins over the past couple of months, and as most of our Lightroom plugins are now distributed via the Photographer’s Toolbox site any updates to the plugins aren’t directly visible here. Below is a summary of the plugin changes that have occurred since our last update late last year.
Updated Plugins at the Photographer’s Toolbox
The TPG Elemental plugin has received the following improvements:
- Improved operation of Merge to Panorama on localised versions of PSE.
- Improved error handling within PSE.
- Detects and notifies user of workarounds for issues related to editor mode in PSE 7 and above.
- Notifies user when Camera Raw plugin needs updating to support an image passed to PSE.
- Self update functionality adjusted to reduce the potential for unusual errors during startup.
The TPG LR Backup plugin has received the following improvements:
- Allow for catalogs larger than 4Gb on Windows. Included updating embedded unzip.exe to version 6.
- Revised automatic backup triggering mechanism to resolve LR 4 issue reported by a user.
- Workaround for expiry message reported by a user.
The TPG Metadata Panels plugin has received the following improvements:
- Introduced task focused Video tagsets for working with Lightroom 4's audio and video metadata.
- Added Find Similar tagset for searching for images having similar metadata values to the current image.
- Default (Extended) tagset now includes DNG lossy compression and DNG fastload data embedded fields (LR4 and above).
- Self update robustness and logging improvements, including adjustment to deal with unusual errors during startup.
- Help buttons in Plug-in Manager, and equivalent Help menu items, will now launch Help and F.A.Q. browser links on Mac OS/X.
If any of these updates sound relevant to you then please head over to the Photographer’s Toolbox and download a copy to try out now! More features are currently under development so be sure to keep the automatic update feature active to receive new functionality as soon as it is available.
In: Project · Tagged with: lightroom, plugin